Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 19-30 Days of Truth... What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

*First I will make the disclaimer that I think both Religion and Politics are both very personal




My grandpa was a Democrat to the core.  But was also very, very racist.  When my grandpa told me that he voted for Obama I almost fell over.  I guess in my grandpas old age he was getting better or I was rubbing off on him about viewing the world from the inside out not the outside in.


I believe that you have the right to believe or not believe in religion as much as you would like.  I believe that you don't have to go to church to be a Christian and its what is in you heart and your faith that makes you as close as you wish to God.  







2 comments:

  1. I almost never comment on politics or religion, and usually then, only when asked. The reason is embedded in the original post, " . . . to the core." Most people who do openly talk about the topics have deeply-rooted beliefs; I talk about them as Fire-types in my book You-niversal Self-care, and they tend to enjoy disputing points, and I don't. So here I am, softly giving my opinion.

    I too believe that we have the right to our opinion of religion and politics and I appreciate the original intentions in our Constitution for the freedom to express these beliefs.

    I also recognize, being an avid observer of people, that we will innately have differing opinions.

    I think if we all (this is a fantasy, I know) keep a few simple principles in mind the topics of religion and politics may not get so heated (Fire-type in my book). One, everyone is considering things from their personal perspective; two, to seek to understand the other person's reasoning and position in life; three, have compassion and at least, try to not cause harm.

    In most cases we are all trying to keep something and when what we are protecting is threatened, it is humanly natural to want to act out in defense. It is often stated in terms of: to-the-core, fundamental, a right, truth, etc.

    People will fight tooth-and-nail to protect their beliefs (ex. salvation and how to obtain it) or physical objects (ex.property and money- I'm implying about taxes here). Most of the time, we will vote, in life, for what we think will help us maintain what we value the most.

    What a seemingly never-ending topic, I will stop here!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete