Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 04 — 30 Days of Truth...Something you have to forgive someone for.

I started this post Saturday afternoon and taught that I  might switch this one up to: Something I Forgave someone for. But then I started to type it out and I didn't want to publish it so I went back to thinking about the topic.  Something you have to forgive someone for. 

I really don't have to forgive anyone for anything.  I am one that really does not hold grudges.  Even if what someone did to me was really, really bad.  I fell that life it too short to hold onto grudges.  I just end up letting it go and move on.  Even if moving on means that the other person does not forgive me and we end up going our separate ways.  

So I guess this is, in a round about way, me telling that one person that I have forgiven you a long time ago and wish that we could put this behind us and be the Friends that we used to be. Especially now that we are family.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am very much this same way and in fact only have two people that I haven't been able to forgive. One is my mom and although I logically don't hold any grudges, I still am a brat when around her. We have history and she didn't raise me - long story. But I don't know why my mind and heart can't get on the same page with her...

    The other person I have defended and advocated her point of view for years. To be fair, she has given me second chances too. But I can not forgive her anymore because it is no longer just me that has been affected by her choices, actions and words.

    I guess that's the difference for me. I can forgive (and do) anyone for things they do to me. Whatever - life is too short.

    Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to let go of the anger when they are hurting other people that I care about - even when it's unintentional.

    Hmm, maybe I should focus on surrendering to it this year.

    ReplyDelete