Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 18- 30 Days of Truth... Your views on gay marriage and marriage in general.

I am kind of struggling on this one.  I really don't have a view on this topic or maybe one that I care to share.  


I have been married to my husband for 16 years and believe in staying committed to my marriage.  I believe that if you are going to make a commitment to someone whether

its someone of the opposite or same sex that married should not be taken as lightly as everyone seems to treat it.   

Today there are so many celebrity couples that seem to be attracted to all the hoopla and celebrations that goes with the marriage that they are treating like it’s more like a trend then what marriage is actually meant to be.

I just would like people to really think about getting married before they make that commitment and not just jump into it because it’s cool or all your friends are doing it and you think that you need to get married because you want that perfect wedding.  

So if two women or two men or a man and a woman love each other enough and are willing to make that commitment then go for it. 


* Just saw this link to a NY Times post about Gay Marriage .

1 comment: