Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thrifty Thursday.....Recycle Barn Material

  This week I will feature another Recycle Barn material.  From the same Barn that my husband took down, I saved some window Frames.  The glass was all broken but the window frame was intact.  


Back in 2005 we took a family Trip to Deadwood South Dakota and I talked my family into the Saloon Family Picture.  I of course had to purchase all the pictures because you can't let them stay there for others to view.  


I was never quit sure how I would frame these pictures and then all of a sudden it came to me.  


I used some vintage scrap book paper and cut it to the size the window pains.  Then I cut some foam core to use as a mounting or backing board.  I glued the scrapbook paper to the foam core and then glued the pictures to the paper.  


Take a look at the results. I think it is quite AWESOME!











3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job. I love seeing things made from recycled wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! I love the barn boards. If I could every room in my house would have some sort of barn board in it.

    ReplyDelete