Monday, March 28, 2011

When I was 15.....

When I was a 15 all that I could think about was graduating, getting married and starting a family of my own.


21 years later now all that I think about it my son graduating, getting married and him starting a family of his own.


Back then I thought everyday life was tuff, having to get up, figure out what I was going to wear, get to school on time, make it to work, and figure out what  party I was going to on Friday and Saturday night.  


Now I'm responsible for not just getting myself up and ready for work but making sure my son is up and ready for school,making sure I have the finishing touches on that last blog post ready to go, feeding the dogs and cats and loading the washer and packing a lunch before I head out the door.  Dropping Ty off at school and getting myself to work. Arranging the coordination of who and when  Ty will be picked up at school/a friends or some sports event. Then rushing home to make dinner, trying to find time to workout, tweet and check facebook all before the husband wants to go in the hot tub.  Then I sit down and write another blog post, get Ty to bed and make sure he did all his homework, all before I can lay down for the 6 or 7 hours I get to sleep each night. 


Back then I could sleep in on Sundays until noon, wake up and my dad and I would watch wrestling and The Dukes of Hazzard.


Now I'm lucky if I can sleep past 7:30am and can watch an hour of the 5 hours I have DVR'd of Days of our Lifes.


When it comes down to it though, I would not want to go back to age 15.....I like my life just the way it is,even if I don't get to sleep in anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment