Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Mom Pledge

BWS tips button


The Mom Pledge
I am a proud Mommy Blogger. I will conduct myself with integrity in all my blogging activities. I can lead by example.
I pledge to treat my fellow moms with respect. I will acknowledge that there is no one, "right" way to be a good Mom. Each woman makes the choices best for her family.
I believe a healthy dialogue on important issues is a good thing. I will welcome differing opinions when offered in a respectful, non-judgmental manner. And will treat those who do so in kind.
I stand up against online bullying. My blog is my space. I will not tolerate comments that are rude, condescending or disrespectful.
I refuse to give those who attack a platform. I will remove their remarks from my blog with no mention or response. I can take control.
I want to see moms work together to build one another up, not tear each other down. Words can be used as weapons. I will not engage in that behavior.
I affirm that we are a community. As a member, I will strive to foster goodwill among moms. Together, we can make a difference. 

I recently wrote a post about a new disclaimer I have on my site.  *Disclaimer......Sometime I don't use proper grammar or spell things correctly!  This pledge kinda makes me think about it.  Not just moms need to be nice to one another but everyone in general should step back and take a look at how your words can impact someones feelings. Just because you may not agree with what someone else does not give you the right to treat anyone with no respect.  I wrote a post about that too EVERYONE deserves RESPECT.


My hope is that everyone will take notice that you are allowed your opinions and that  you don't have to agree with that opinion, but have the balls enough to respect that person and not cut them into pieces because their opinion is not the same as yours. 


Have a heart people.  Treat others like you would like to be treated.  Karma is a Bitch when she come back around and believe me she will come back and come back hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment