Monday, August 9, 2010

To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak?

That is the question.  And a big question at that.  Since I am a HUGE Geek when I see stuff like this I have to check it out.  Plus it pertains to me and my recent purchase. 

According to this Mashable post the Apple Development Group have come up with a very simple jailbreak.  Just side the bar to jailbreak!  How easy.  And now Apple can not sue you or slap your hands if you do it.  Just a week ago, a U.S. court ruled that users who jailbreak their iPhone were not violating any laws. This update to the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act ensures Apple won’t be suing you for opening your device and running non-App Store()-approved applications. 

The worst that they can do to you is come up with a patch that breaks your phone when you update your software.  Is that something you want to chance?  When you spend $200 on something that is so awesome, just so you can download lots of apps, and basically customize it more?  Not sure that's something I want to chance. I would much rather have my warranty and my iPhone working, then it Jailbreak and not! Thou tempting to see just what you can do if its unlocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment