Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet Blake....

Blake is my son's friend.  He reads my blog religiously and has been bugging me to get a post up about him.  So here you go Blake....


This is what I know about Blake.  He is one great kid young man. I'm pretty sure that Tyler and Blake have been friends sense kindergarden but I can't confirm that.  I have only really gotten to know Blake this past year. If you ask him he will tell you that we first met at a JV Football game and that I'm Tyler's mom.  (BTW, I do love that name) Anyways Blake comes to our house, hangs out in the garage with the Hubs and all the rest of my son's friends and usually spends the night.  In the morning Blake will cook us breakfast-gotta love any kid that is willing to do that for you.  


Blake has a "Great Big Heart" and would do anything for anybody that he cares about.  I really think he would even give the shirt off of his back to a complete stranger if he knew that they needed it.  


Tyler and Blake have "BIG PLANS" to own and operate a farm together someday, I think in Nebraska.  When Blake comes over they have long serious discussion & Blake carries around a notebook with all his hopes and dreams about the farm that they will have when they grow up.  


Blake currently works with Clavin the scrap guy cutting up metal and such.  He also milks cows.  


Blake is also a Packers fan and he and I can talk about Jon (Jon Hoese-you know the Glencoe football star gone pro)all day long.  Don't hold that against him.  


Blake is the most down to earth kid I know and tells you like it is.  Thats probably why I like him so much and why he fits in the family so well.  


Blake has recently started calling me "Mom" and quit frankly I am honored.  I love being called mom by my sons friends.  I love each and every one of his friends they are great kids young men and am honored that they call me mom.  They all know that I would do anything that I could to help them all out.  


So here you go Blake, this is your blog post!  I hope you enjoyed it and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get up.  

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when your kids have such good friends! Blake sounds like the kind of kid I would want my grandson to hang around with. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake is a great kid! I'm very lucky that my son has such great friends!

    ReplyDelete