Thursday, December 2, 2010

Future Daughter-in-Law worries....

My friend from High school and I frequently discuss the topic of our Son’s and getting replaced by the “WIFE”. Let me tell you this scares the shit out of me. I know all to well that when a young man sets his eyes on “The One” that mom is now in second place or even cut out of the picture. You ask me how I know this? Well it was not all that to long ago when I caught my hubby's eye and stepped into his moms place.
 
As my son gets older I have started to think about who will my daughter-in-law be?

When my son was about 3 I had him married off to the cutest little girl. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and as she road by our house in the bike carrier being pulled by her mom she sat straight up and stuck her cute little head out and waves to my son and says “Hi Tyler” as he nonchalantly shrugs and says “yeah” I knew right then and there that this little girl would be my future daughter in law.

No mother could ask for a more perfect son. He’s a football stud, B Honor Roll Student, is the main Trap Drum player in the band and is in knowledge bowl, helps me around the house with just about anything I ask him without to much fuss, has a heart the size of the universe, and he loves his momma..really what more can a mother ask for more. He’s the perfect son! So if he’s the perfect son, he’s gone to be the perfect husband. That’s what bothers me the most. But should I worry, if he is so perfect and loves his momma so much should I have to worry about being replaced? Will he make room for two women in his life and if he does will the daughter in law resent me because I’m such a big part of his life?

I really struggle with this. My mother-in law and I don’t’ see eye-2eye and my hubby and her really haven’t ever been close so I really shouldn’t compare his relationship with his mother to my relationship with our son. TOTALLY DIFFERENT but I can’t stop myself from wondering and praying that this will never, ever happen! Really over my dead body will I ever treat my daughter in law the way my mother in law treats me. I will never, ever forget birthdays, anniversaries, tell her that she has no place in this family….wait that’s a different story but you get my drift.

I know I’m not the only momma with these fears….tell me Lady's does this topic wonder in and out of your head too?

No comments:

Post a Comment