Sunday, October 24, 2010

Endometriosis....Orginally posted 1/25/2009

Today I wanted to write about something that bothers me most everyday. Some days are good days and others like today are not so good.

I suffer from endometriosis, have sense I was 16...well that’s when they found it. I'm positive I had it as soon as I got my period.

I don't write this to make you feel sorry for me but wanted to share something that I found interesting in my search on endometriosis.

My dad is a Vietman Vet, I am a very, very proud daughter! I am very thankful for all that he did. Vietman Veterans are very under appreciate. Some of you may not know this but when the soldiers were over in Vietman they were exposed to chemicals. One in particular -Dioxin 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) or commonly know as Agent Orange. Agent Orange is a Nasty chemical that the government used to kill foliage. But it also had lasting effects when sprayed in the jungles where our American Soliders were located.

My father was exposed to the chemical while in Vietman and has several side effects from it. He hide it from my mother and me for years until one day my mom was reading his huge VA Medical file while waiting for my dad and found it on his folder it stated that my father indeed had the chemical in him.

Today I was goggling endometriosis and found this article http://www.veganreader.com/2008/05/16/lbam-checkmate-spray-agent-orange-and-womens-health/%20LBAM Checkmate Spray, Agent Orange and Women’s Health. This article explains a similar spraying in California. If this spraying did this to women that were around exposed to can you imangine what it did to our soldiers in mass quantities.

I always wondered why I had endometriosis, and mostly I just thought I got the raw end of the deal. Today I wonder if it was something that was passed down from my father and his exposure to Chemical Warfare our government used.

I read an article where the government agreed to pay over 30 million dollars to families that have symptoms of the effects. But most families will never see anything.

I don't want the governments money...all I want is them to put some money into research, help the families that suffer from your wrong doings. Put that money into studies....I'm sure you would find plenty of us to be your ginnypigs!!!!!

What I want is a cure….fix the pain that endometriosis cause women every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment