Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stop One....The Endro Train!

So Friday the 19th was the big day....the day the Endro Train got  knocked off its tracks and will no longer making stops at this station!

I was pretty nervous to say the least.  More worried about how my son was going to get to school, get home and nervous about him spending the day in the Cities with the rest of the football team.  Nervous that my husband would go crazy being cooped up in the hospital all day, having to wait for me.  When it comes to me being worried or nervous about myself I usually don't have time.

We tried to have a normal night on Thursday, if you consider a bowl prep normal, haha! Hubby was out in the garage, the kid spent his time in between his laptop and outside.  I think they were cutting wood.  I can't be positive, after the bowl prep kicked in I spent the rest of the evening in between the bedroom and bathroom! YUCK!

Back to the story....Woke up at 4:15am and jumped out a bed, I am never one to be happy to get out of bed so quickly especially at 4am but I wanted to get into the shower, do my hair and get on the road by 5:15am to be at the hospital by 6am. I woke my son up about 5am so I could give him a hug and kiss and tell him that I loved him and that I would make sure dad would let him know what was going on.  Then we were off. 

We arrived at the hospital at 5:54am-the hubby was nice enough to drop me off at the door and then park the car, but they were ready to take me back before he even got in.  I told them that they had to wait, plus he had the bag with my ID, glasses and medical card.  I also packed the Hubby a Goodies bag the night before.  It consisted of Diesel Magazine's that he had not read from the summer of camping, the 3 weekly newspapers we get, a muffin for breakfast and some Kit-Kat's, Reese's and Milk Duds!  I know how he can get and I didn't want him to not have anything to do.

So I went back to change and they started with all the questions.  First off it was about 50 degrees in there, to flippen cold and then they want you to change into this sexy open back hospital gown, but don't worry you get a paper thin rob and some sweet no skid hospital socks to help keep you warm-yea right! Then they made me pee in a cup-guess they wanted to make sure I was not pregnant-hello The Hubby has been fixed  for years- I'd have allot of explaining to do if I was!!! Then they let me go back out to the waiting room to say goodbye to him. 

I found him sitting on the chair with tears in his eyes.  How in the world was I supposed to leave him when he was crying.  He tells me that he wishes it was him instead of me and that he would do anything to change spots with me, and that he didn't want me to have to go threw this.  I tried to remain calm and not get so emotional.  I told him that I needed to do this for not just me but for him and my son.  I asked him if he had talked to our son and made sure he was up and ready to go to school.  He said yes.  The nurse was back and said it was time to go, that five minutes went by like 30 seconds, so I gave him a kiss and hug and told him it was going to be just fine and that I would see him in  a little while. 

So they brought me back to pre-opp.  That has to be the scariest walk every, kinda remained me of a scene from a movie. You walk passed all these other people that are waiting to go into surgery.  Your name is taped to the end of the hospital gurney, the first lady that I walked by was totally out of it, she kinda sat up as we walked past and gave me a desperate look-like run, run as fast as you can.  My nurse hurried me by her.

So I climb up onto my gurney and laid down, they start to prep me, they put patch's on my chest, start the IV, draw blood and give me this AWESOME patch that goes behind my ear to prevent nausea.  They also give me a bag filled with spearmint cotton swabs for me to sniff to ease my stomach.  I have to say both helped. Then came the wonder drug...the I don't care what you do to me just get this over with drug. 

Next thing I knew they were rolling me into the operating room and telling me to move to the table, they put the side boards on for my arms and I was out.......

Check back for the next post about what happened when I woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment