Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This is what they do for FUN in Wisconsin!

Sunday we went to Grantsburg WI. Home of the famous Snowmobile Watercross! Yes you heard right, there in Wisconsin they do things a little differently but if you’re a snowmobiler like I am you can understand the need to take your sled out in the middle of summer on a 88 degree day. After you have put your baby away for the winter any SLEDHEAD would want to take their machine for a summer ride. Maybe not like they do in Wisconsin ,but hey it makes for good entertainment.

If your thinking to yourself right now, how in the do they get a snowmobile to float, or why in the would you want to drive your snowmobile into a pond? Well to answer your question one must really understand snowmobiler, we really are a different bread and if you really love the sport you drive no matter the weather!

I have to say I was skeptical at first, just like the first time I saw Jay Quwinlein back flip a snowmobile. I wonder also just how they could get that heavy thing to float. I have done my share of water skipping so know that it can be one, I just wondered how you could take 5 laps around the pond and not sink?

My son’s were impressed and fit right in at Paul Thackers Trailer.


Check out the video’s below and see for yourself how snowmobile float!


  Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in Iowa, rode a snowmobile once & hated it (sorry!)! I enjoy riding motorcycles. Following from 31 DBB. Can't wait to explore your blog.
    LakeMom
    www.SurvivingMotherhoodwithHumor.com
    www.GuidetoCollegeLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You either love it or hate it.

    ReplyDelete